Special Offer

For a limited time I am offering 10% off your purchase at my Gallery when you spend $25.00. There are also additional discounts when you purchase more. 15% off when you spend $50.00 and 20% off when you spend $75.00.

Monday, May 17, 2010

This Week's Featured Image Week 15

The featured image for last week was one of the newest from my Tree Series. I shot this tree (with the camera only) at the lake a few weeks ago. I really liked the composition with it, but I was having difficulty with my editing. When I would try one thing, it looked really neat on one side, but not so much on the other side, then I would try something else and the same would occur. That is when I got the idea to split the image. The left side (as you look at it) has had contrast and brightness adjusted and a monotone coloring of blue. The right side was simply the same, but inverted. I decided not to leave the edges of the image itself square, I felt the rough and unusual edge would create more interest with the texured background behind it. I have to say that this is possibly one of my favorite images at this time.

Here is the original image:

As you can see in this image the right side of the sky got washed out by the sun and thus caused a lot of the difficulty I had with the editing. All in all I am happy with the finished image. Keep in mind that all my featured images, and more are available to purchase prints at my Gallery. There is still time to take advantage of the current discounts as well.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of DSLR camera would you recommend to someone who is going up one level in photography? Meaning from using the point and shoot compact cameras to something more complex like DSLR. Thanks! Glad to have found your blog. Maybe I'll get a good answer :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little corner. Please leave me a note. I hope you enjoyed your stay.