Special Offer

For a limited time I am offering 10% off your purchase at my Gallery when you spend $25.00. There are also additional discounts when you purchase more. 15% off when you spend $50.00 and 20% off when you spend $75.00.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why I Hate the Attorney General

First off, sorry for the delay in posting something new, I've been working on Christmas gifts. I'll post pics of those as soon as I'm done.

Now, to get to the point of this post. Some of you may know I got a divorce in September. Don't feel bad, it was my idea. Well the divorce papers were done by an attorney because I couldn't figure out the legal mumbo-jumbo in the Do-It-Yourself kit. As required by Texas law there was a petition for child support. Once the divorce is final, the county clerk forwards all paperwork to the Attorney General and they set up a case for payment disbursement and what not. Now, I know my ex gets paid twice a month, on the 14th and 29th. I recently changed from getting my payments on the Texas Debit card to go directly into my new checking account. I had been recieving paper checks for a few weeks during the transition but haven't recieved a deposit or a check for my ex's most recent payment due. Since I know he gets paid on the 14th, I was beginning to wonder what was going on. Therefore, I called the Office of the Attorney General. After pushing a million buttons on the automated menu, waiting on hold for a suprisingly short amount of time, a customer service rep gets on the line and asks for my social security number. I give her that, then proceed to verify all of my personal information, then tell her the ex's name, etc. She FINALLY asks "What can I do for you today?" So I tell her, I'm trying to figure out why I have not recieved a payment yet. And then (and this is why I hate the Attorney General) she tells me that I am not authorized to get that information!!!! WHAT? How in the HELL am I not authorized to get information pertaining to my own case? But, I can have my attorney call and get the information. You have got to be kidding me!

1 comment:

  1. You've hit the nail right on the head. Most bureaucrats and politicians are idiots. Plain and simple. Good luck getting what's due to you...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little corner. Please leave me a note. I hope you enjoyed your stay.