Special Offer

For a limited time I am offering 10% off your purchase at my Gallery when you spend $25.00. There are also additional discounts when you purchase more. 15% off when you spend $50.00 and 20% off when you spend $75.00.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ink Blot Testing - Without the Ink

I began working on some new pictures for a new series being inspired by an article I read. Smoke photography is very popular right now, and I personally love it. I haven't been able to produce any really great images with it, mainly due to my lack of equiptment at present, but I have come up with a couple that I like.

What I found interesting with the smoke was that it reminded me of the Ink Blot Tests or Rorschach Test.

Per Wikipedia:
     "The Rorschach test (German pronunciation: [ˈʁoɐʃax]; also known as the Rorschach inkblot test or simply the Inkblot test) is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation, complex scientifically derived algorithms, or both."

I don't intend to psycoanalyze anyone, but I am curious what other people see. I have seen shapes in the smoke images I have created thus far so here it is...what do you see?

2 comments:

  1. is that a snotty lil long horn cow i see ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a girl swinging upside down from the monkey bars -- I wonder if this means I'm crazy?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little corner. Please leave me a note. I hope you enjoyed your stay.