Special Offer

For a limited time I am offering 10% off your purchase at my Gallery when you spend $25.00. There are also additional discounts when you purchase more. 15% off when you spend $50.00 and 20% off when you spend $75.00.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

What Are You Doing For Mother's Day?

Last night I was texting with my wonderful boyfriend and he asks me "What do you have planned for mama's day?" To which I replied "I got nuttin, when is it?" Apparently, for those of you like me who don't already know, it's THIS Sunday! So, I really have nothing planned. I don't speak to my mother or have any other contact with her for that matter. (long story) My daughter has already asked to go to her father's this weekend to help with a garage sale there and my son I guess will be sticking around at home this weekend. I do have a suprise coming for the kids, hopefully tomorrow, though it's not really for Mother's Day, it just worked out to happen about this time. Can you keep a secret? (we're all getting new phones!) SHHHHHH! Don't tell them, I have a whole scare tactic planned for them before I reveal the phones to them. We all three have been using AT&T GoPhones for a while now, due to circumstances that are not entirely my fault, I was unable to get a contract plan with AT&T. Well, I go this e-mail about Verizon wireless and I decided, why not try, the worst that will happen is they'll say no right? Wrong, they said yes! So now I will have 3 brand new phones for us, and the kids will have unlimited texting for the first time. Exciting right?

Now, back to the story at hand. My boyfriend lives about 30 minutes away and with my work, kids, his stuff, and both our pets, we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together except on the weekend when I don't have to work. So after the conversation we had yesterday, I had assumed we'd spend some time together this weekend, be it for Mother's Day or just because. Here is the text conversation (just a short snippet of it) that played out this afternoon.

Kevin: You never really said if you're doing anything this weekend
Jayde: Yes I did, lots of time. I said I'm doin nuttin. Silly boy.
Kevin: see, thats not telling me what you are doin'. Nuffin aint doin nuffin. Youz gots to say what youz is doin. Not what ya aint. (yes that is how he typed it)
Jayde:How can I say what I AM doing, when I am NOT doing anything. How about, I'll be dressing up in leather and lace, rubbing myself with baby oil and watching NCIS.
Kevin: hmmmm, NCIS you say?

I love my man, he always makes me laugh! So, after some further commenting about the leather/lace & NCIS (of which I will spare you) we decided that we will be BBQing Saturday! YAY! I just love my Kevin's BBQ! He's spoilt me on BBQ ribs, I have not found any at a restaurant that I like near as much as his. I will also be making my famous (at least it's famous in my circle of friends) pasta salad. Can't wait! So what will you be doing for Mother's Day?

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from SITS to say hello. Hope the kids are surprised when they get their phones. Enjoy the BBQ and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hubby would go for the NCIS too I think. LOL
    But where is this lil shin-dig your having at?????? Here or the 'ville?

    We have the grand babes this weekend. And of course Dear Hubby works...but I think that when he does not he turns grey.....your thought? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw where did you get a blue rose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This text convo cracked me up. =]

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little corner. Please leave me a note. I hope you enjoyed your stay.