Special Offer

For a limited time I am offering 10% off your purchase at my Gallery when you spend $25.00. There are also additional discounts when you purchase more. 15% off when you spend $50.00 and 20% off when you spend $75.00.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5...4...3...2...1 Countdown to Being Smokefree

UPDATE: 1/14/10 I decreased my daily alotment to -



So I am attempting to quit smoking. It's bad for me, and it costs entirely too much money. I have tried before to no avail, but I am going to attempt to slowly wean myself down to nothing. I will have a widget posted to the left side of my blog with my total cigarettes smoked for the previous day. I welcome any and all suggestions as to how to accomplish my goal.


My starting goal is to limit myself to no more than 15 cigarettes a day. That may seem like a lot, but I normally smoke a full pack or more daily (20+ for those that don't know). I will plan to lower my daily allotment gradually, week by week. If I can accomplish this, then in a few months I will be smoke free.


This is my goal!!


5 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've heard it's really hard, but with determination and prayer you can do anything. I recently finished up a book - The Cellist of Sarajevo - where soldiers were mostly paid in cigarettes because the army couldn't afford to pay them with money. Let's just hope that doesn't happen over here! Best of luck. I know you can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. with you, 100%. Lost my Dad to smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Even cutting back is a big step, so I applaud the effort.

    I hear quitting sucks a mess load, so good luck!

    P.S. Perhaps you could buy yourself something with the money you save at the end of the month? I know that's counterproductive with the money, but you deserve something for your effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it! I smoked for 25 years before I quit. For me, I tried the patch and nicorette, etc., but the only thing that finally worked was to stop cold turkey in a place where the nearest cigarette was miles of wilderness away.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it from an ex-smoker...you can do it! Just need a little willpower and support from your peeps. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little corner. Please leave me a note. I hope you enjoyed your stay.