I tried to get a closer shot of the sword detail but had no luck with my phone. After the sword was finished I moved on the the face and hair. I am not at all pleased with how the face turned out.
There was only one thing left for me to do after this, the background. It was actually the simplest part of the whole piece. So here is the finished product. I still need to put a clear coat on it to protect it, but there will be no more painting. Hopefully I can start and finish the one for my daughter and with any luck, get it done before she returns home tomorrow.
I hope that those of you who have read this enjoyed watching my project from start to finish. I always love to watch the piece progress and having photos of the changes is really fun for me. It's almost like watching you child grow up. You see the start, a blank piece of wood, and then slowly see it take shape into what you are creating. Have a great day everyone and hope to see you back soon.