Special Offer

For a limited time I am offering 10% off your purchase at my Gallery when you spend $25.00. There are also additional discounts when you purchase more. 15% off when you spend $50.00 and 20% off when you spend $75.00.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

How To: Turn a Piece of Wood Into a Piece of Art Part 3

The final installment is here. I wish I could get better pictures than from my phone, but until I can get my hands on a working camera, my phone photos will have to suffice. Be sure to check out Part 1 and Part 2 if you have not already seen them. After posting last time, I moved on to the sword in my image and here is a before detail and after detail shot of it.

I tried to get a closer shot of the sword detail but had no luck with my phone. After the sword was finished I moved on the the face and hair. I am not at all pleased with how the face turned out.


There was only one thing left for me to do after this, the background. It was actually the simplest part of the whole piece. So here is the finished product. I still need to put a clear coat on it to protect it, but there will be no more painting. Hopefully I can start and finish the one for my daughter and with any luck, get it done before she returns home tomorrow.


I hope that those of you who have read this enjoyed watching my project from start to finish. I always love to watch the piece progress and having photos of the changes is really fun for me. It's almost like watching you child grow up. You see the start, a blank piece of wood, and then slowly see it take shape into what you are creating. Have a great day everyone and hope to see you back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my little corner. Please leave me a note. I hope you enjoyed your stay.